|“||Big Finish is dumb fanfiction. Ignore.||”|
It's important to understand how to get into Big Finish and to know Everything Big Finish did (and are still doing) Right.
Nicholas Briggs and his team have made hundreds of Doctor Who stories from the comfort of their own mothers basements, all of very high quality. Canonicity has only been questioned by plebs. Steven Moffat reinforced much of Big Finish canon with a single line in The Night of the Doctor (not that it was ever really in question or anything).
Briggs has been ruining Big Finish since 2006, prior to that it was ruined by Gary Russell.
See The Nice and Accurate History of Big Finish for more.
Briggs Finish weren't allowed to make stories using NuWho characters or Doctors, until Nicholas Briggs threatened to release shocking scandalous secrets about Steven Moffat's love life. Moffat relented and we got several stories of average quality featuring NuWho Doctors. They are not allowed to make animated shows or live action shows. They are not allowed to advertise their content. Basically, the worst company in the world has made them their bitch.
Also, they love suing their customers.
Big Finished Edit
There are times when Big Finish has been in grave danger, most notable of which was the time that Rusty saved it. Some cunt BBC executive found out about Briggs Finish and wanted to end it. Rusty said he'd take care of it, but never did and neglected to mention it. Rusty managed to save the most canon part of Doctor Who (realizing it was superior to his own in every aspect).
Timeline of Briggs Finish ProductionsEdit
- Founded sometime in the late 1990s
- BBC Exec tried to rape Briggs
- Rusty raped Briggs instead
- Christopher Ecclesiastes got BBC to let Big Finish make NuWho audios
Because most of these actors can't get a job anywhere else due to their reputation of being on the worst TV show of all time, they've willingly joined Big Finish to rake in extra cash, as well as to expand their characters which were brutally restricted into one-dimensional caricatures by JNT.
- 4th Doctor - Tom Baker
- 5th Doctor - Peter Davison
- 6th Doctor - Colin Baker
- 7th Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- 8th Doctor - Paul McGann
- War Doctor - John Hurt (Deceased)
- 10th Doctor - David Tennant
- 3rd Doctor - Tim Treloar/Jon Pertwee (only post-humously in Zagayeus)
- 2nd Doctor/Jamie McCrimmon - Frazer Hines
- 1st Doctor/Ian Chesterton - William Rustle your jimmies
- 1st Doctor/Steven Taylor - Peter Purves
- Susan Foreskin - Carole Ann Ford
- Vicki - Maureen O'Brien
- Sara Kingdom - Jean Marsh
- Victoria Waterfield - Deborah Watling
- Zoe Heriot - Wendy Padbury
- Liz Shaw - Caroline John (Deceased)
- Brigadier - Nicholas Courtney (Deceased)
- Benton - John Levene
- Yates - Richard Franklin
- Jo Grant - Katy Manning
- Sarah Jane Smith - Elisabeth Sladen (Deceased)
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 - John Leeson
- Romana 1 - Mary Tamm (Deceased)
- Romana 2 - Lalla Ward
- Adric (unfortunately) - Matthew Waterhouse
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Tegan Jovanka - Janet Fielding
- Turlough - Mark Strickton
- Peri - Nicola Bryant
- Evelyn Smythe - Maggie Stables (Deceased)
- Flip Jackson - Lisa Greenwood
- Constance Clarke - Miranda Raison
- Mel - Bonnie. Fucking. Langford.
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- C'rizz - Conrad Westmaas
- Lucie Bleedin' Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Tamsin - Niky Wardley
- Molly O'Sullivan - Ruth Bradley
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Rose Tyler - Billie Piper
- Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Donna Noble - Catherine Tate
- River Dong - Alex Kingston
- The Mattress - Geoffrey Beevers/Alex MacQueen
- Daleks/Cybermen/most other evil dudes - Nicholas Briggs
- The Valeyard - Michael Jayston
- Davros - Terry Molloy
- The Rani - Sioban Redmond
- Henry Gordon Jago - Alex Lowe
- George Litefoot - Blake Ritson
- Sontarans - Dan Starkey
- Thomas Brewster - John Pickard
- Alex Campbell - Jake McGann
- Straxus - Various, most notably Toby Jones
- Unbound Doctor - David Warner
- Unbound Master - Mark Gatiss
- Barbara Wright - Jemma Powell
- Ben Jackson - Elliot Chapman
Also, Daphne Ashbrook and Yee Jee Tso get involved sometimes but can't play their original characters because Americans are arses. Peter Capaldick ain't allowed to play the 12th Doktah on Big Finish because he's the current one... not sure why that means anything, but okay...
William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Jaqueline Hill and Michael Craze couldn't get involved because they were deadedud before Big Finish was a thing. Anthony Ainley would've gotten involved but they couldn't afford him and he then died. Matt Smith is dead so there's no coming back for him, and let's be honest here, Chris would rather have his taint pierced by a horny drag queen and given syphilis than play any role that has the words "Doctor" and "Who" associated with it. Also, Jackie Lane hasn't returned as Dodo because she can't act for shit.
List of Doctor Who Big Finish RangesEdit
There are far too many stories to list here, so take each link to get to the range that you desire.
- Main Range (5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Doctors)
- The New Eighth Doctor Adventures (8th Doctor, imagine that)
- The Tenth Doctor Adventures (Ten-inch and Ta-Tas meet Cthulhu]]
- The Fourth Doctor Adventures (4 stories with Leela and both Romanas)
- Dark Eyes (8th Doctor is so special he has to be in multiple ranges, continuation of the New Eighth Doctor Adventures)
- Doctor Who Unbound (only the most canon stories of all)
- The Companion Chronicles (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Doctors - tales read by companions)
- The Early Adventures (Full cast audios for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Doctors)
Actually, as of 2017, there are even too many ranges to list here. The War Doctor? They've got him. Bernice Summerfield? Yeah, the latest spinoff of her spinoff that adds the Doctor back in. Like the novels or the stage plays better than the audios? They've got lines adapting them. Just go to ranges—or, better, pull down the "Choose a range" menu at the top and all the DW ones are listed first.
List of Doctor Who Spin-off Big Finish Ranges Edit
- Jago and Litefoot (Investigators of infernal incidents. Spin-off featuring the characters from The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Gallifrey (Politics, intrigue, murder and Daleks. Spin-off focusing on the planet of Gallifrey and the Time Lords)
- Counter-Measures (60s Cold War espionage spin-off featuring the pre-UNIT team from Remembrance of the Daleks)
- I, Davros (Short mini-series focusing on the life of the Kaled scientist, Davros, before his accident)
- Dalek Empire (Depressing series about how awesome the Daleks are and how stupid humans are. Written by Nicholas Briggs. Expect suffering)
- Cyberman (The Cybermen always find a way to survive. They must survive. You will be like us.)
- Bernice Summerfield (Focusing on the adventures of the self-proclaimed archaeologist and love interest/companion of the Doctor, Bernice Summerfield.)
- Torchwood (Jack Harkness is cumming in your ear soon)
Again, way too many to list them all. Pull down that Ranges menu again. After the DW stuff, and all the other series like Blake's 7 and Avengers and whatnot, there's a bunch of standalone ranges. Many of them are DW spinoffs, many are not. Sometimes you can guess from the title, like UNIT, sometimes you can't even guess after you buy them and listen to them, like Graceless, and in the case of Vienna you can't even guess after the TARDIS Data Core admins write a desperate email to Big Finish saying "Please tell us whether Vienna is a Who spinoff or not" and they get a reply making fun of them for asking for a canon answer.
List of Future Doctor Who and Spin-off Big Finish RangesEdit
- The Ninth Doctor Adventures (Ninth Doctor), coming after the 100th anniversary, but only if Joe Ahearne comes back from the dead to direct.
- The Stupid Lesbian Adventures of Clara and Maisie Williams