Cringe is an overused meme word to describe one's dislike for the show(or anythig really). Commonly used when something silly/fun happens. "God, that was so fucking cringe worthy".
Cringe in the fandom Edit
Just like any other fandom, Doctor Who's is filled with a variety of different types of cringey retards, most of them being kids or teens so you could perhaps wave it away as hopefully just a shitty phase that they'll grow out of, but regardless it's still painful to witness in every form the cringe takes:
- SJWs who get triggered because the Doctor's only ever been a white person.
- Shippers who indulge in Ten/Rose, Eleven/River, "Whouffaldi", Eleven/Sherlock and occasionally classic pairings too.
- NuWho scrubs completely misunderstanding basic lore of the show.
- People who abuse bullshit quotes like "Wibbly-Wobbly" and "SQUEE".
- Fanfiction writers. Usually goes hand in hand with shipping, but can also be cross-franchising too.
- RTD fans who can never shut up about how it all went shit after The End of Time and how Moffat is the worst thing ever.
- Moffat fans who usually constantly proclaim that "Moffat is a genius", and him and only him has ever written Doctor Who well.
- Baby Boomer fans who constantly whinge about Tom Baker, Hinchcliffe, and Holmes, because The Deadly Assassin ruined their headcanon; in fact, if you were to admit that you like them as much as Troughton, Lloyd, and Davis, they will get way too angry about you committing the heinous crime of liking things, and will get into Davros-like psycho-speeches about how Tom Baker's long stay and the junking of Troughton episodes is a corporate conspiracy because Troughton was "only for the art" and Bakter was "only for the money". Interestingly, these are the people who wrote and in a few cases still write NuWho. See why it's so predictable?