Everything you need to know about Foreman, straight from the nonbinary horse's mouth Edit
FOREMAN is a new Doctor Who fan production which should be hitting the internet soon!
Seriously good representation (just you wait and see…)
British Indian companion from a Muslim family
Said companion is also a feminist
(As are the team behind FOREMAN so there will be no misogynistic jokes here!)
An original soundtrack (which you can hear in the video!)
Human, funny, relatable scripts. (If you like the RTD era and Classic Who you’ll LOVE this.)
Episodes in a variety of mediums.
Made by fans for the fans!
The Doctor as played by Jack Miles, who is a genderfluid genius.
Nirvi Chandratreya who is played by yours truly, bisexual and biracial!
Some cracking nerdy Whovian jokes.
People are forever telling us that if we don’t like the show as it is, why don’t we do something about it? So that’s what we’ve done! This is the ultimate act of both love and defiance! If we want representation in our favourite show, then it looks like we’re gonna have to do it ourselves!
FOREMAN is a platform for young writers, artists, directors, actors, and visionaries to show off their stuff and give Doctor Who a new spin. If you want to get in touch and even contribute then the links are below!
Please support this pioneering and brave fan production. Like, subscribe, spread the word! After all, this is for you! And for us!
/who/ and Foreman Edit
- Reams and reams and reams of lore, derived from a comprehensive wiki-ing of pretty much all the bullshit from the novels (except condensed down to fit, with many creative liberties in the process, and some original fanfic thrown in for good measure), all to be explicated on screen at some point
- Elaborate and jargon-filled rules about the nature of time and travel within it, certain to ensure no smart aleck actually attempts to write a time travel-related script
- A young, cocky Doctor, who does wacky and badass things like punching Axons in the face
- A heartbreaking new origin for the Master (he committed a suicide-regeneration into a bad guy because the Doctor was too busy saving planets to be his boyfriend)
- A subversive reimagination of the Brigadier; now a firm friend to all aliens who visit the UK (he's against discrimination of any kind, see - btw it's because he's openly gay and has two adopted daughters.)
- In a first for Doctor Who, the Doctor and his companion will embark on a love affair
- A premium class cast of young adults from Tumblr
- Plans for a huge Expanded Universe full of audios and other stuff
- The list goes on...
The following is a press release from the makers of Foreman:
- How hype are you guys for Foreman?
- >people on Tumblr are saying its RTD level drama
>eviscerated gender norms
>trans like genders
>Jack Miles gives Claudia a "shock of her life"
>'Is the genderfluid genius she's trusted so long really genderfluid after all? Is he even biromantic?'
> "This might be where you can argue that the new approach is, for the first time, seen uncluttered by any of the old approach."
>Miles said the ending scene in the tardis is his favorite scene in the Series
>Miles said on his blog that Jack Miles (writer of episode) was going to stick around 'for a long time, I promise you' implying the script is GOAT
>4chan insult in episode
Official Response Edit
Word must have rapidly reached Moffat's ear when news first broke of Foreman, the greatest magical assault on the edifice of Moffat Who ever conceived. No kind of feedback from the BBC or any of its staff has been forthcoming. Speculation that the BBC might attempt to file a cease-and-desist has thus far gone unaffirmed. Speculation about other, seemingly coincidental events surrounding Foreman is baseless until further notice.
- The project, much like this one, is entirely motivated by hate, bitterness and spite.
- Experts agree it'll be probably about as canon as Big Finish, if it ever actually comes out.
The Second Great Leak or, "Claudia" visits /who/? Edit
Late on Monday, April 4 2016, /who/ was visited by an anon who asked if anyone was interested in seeing a load of Foreman scripts, referring to themselves thusly:
I'm a actress/singer and feminist who was supposed to be the star until Jack forced a seedy romance narrative so she could try and get in my pants.The interloper invited anons to ThoraxTime for the leaking of 13 scripts plus the series bible (lol we already had that one thanks to our man on the inside, Gaggy). Identifying themselves as 'claudiab', they first completely failed to operate sendspace, then succeeded in .zipping all of the files and trying again. Claudiab imposed strict time limits on how long the files would remain up for, but was persuaded to reupload when an incredibly handsome stream moderator queued up one of Claudia's old songs.
When asked how they knew about ThoraxTime, claudiab replied that everyone knows about it. How this is the case is unclear.
Later, claudiab returned to the chat under the alias 'TavidDennant'. Everyone humoured them because kek but anyone with mod privileges can see other aliases guests have used. TavidDennant then apparently pretended to be Jack Miles pretending to be an innocent anon looking for the scripts. No, I don't understand this either.
On July 1, an anon came forward claiming to be the leaker and did an AMA. They claimed to have been severely influenced by alcohol at the time.
I wish I'd done it in a more classy way --Anon
Foreman's Relevance Edit
Because Jack Miles is too mentally ill to actually produce a single episode, Foreman's supposed claim as a more progressive Doctor Who is now out of date considering we have a female Doctor, two companions who had lesbian good ends, a Mattress who indulges in selfcest, and Twelve attacking white men for merely suggesting that black people not intrude in their home. Even other fanfilm creators have been more progressive than Foreman, while Jack seems stuck in a time bubble. As a result, Foreman's stuck in a quandary. For if it ever comes out, it's going to look more conservative and old than the actual show.
The Leaked Scripts Edit
|1.01||"Nirvi" by Jack Miles & Miles Meldrum (is that a real person?)
||Nirvi encounters the Doctor investigating the presence of a mysterious new drug on campus; the search leads them straight into the claws/related appendages of Axos.|
|"Prelude to UNIT" by Jack Miles||to be added|
|1.04||"U.N.I.T." by Jack Miles
||to be added
Meet the Chandratreyas, also snipers
||to be added
|?||"WHITE - Nirvi's Story" by ?
||to be added|
Get that shit here and help fill in the table.
- Full set download
- 1.01 - Nirvi
- 1.04 - U.N.I.T. (incl. Prelude)
- Series Bible, Thoughtform/Dreamscape, WHITE - Nirvi's Story
- Series Bible pastebin