Gareth Roberts wrote a bunch of Doctor Who books, comics and audios throughout the 90's and 00's and went on to write for the TV show.
All of this is very much in past tense, since his recent Twitter postings seem to suggest that he was recently erased from Doctor Who. These coincided with an surge of Zygonphobic rhetoric, salty digs at Moffat, and complaints about recent episodes, all of which would assuredly preclude his ever working on the show again. What truly led to the downfall of Roberts may not come to light for quite some time.
Writing credits Edit
- Virgin New Adventure: The Highest Science*
- Virgin New Adventure: Tragedy Day
- Virgin New Adventure: Zamper
- Virgin Missing Adventure: The Romance of Crime*
- Virgin Missing Adventure: The English Way of Death*
- Virgin Missing Adventure: The Plotters
- Virgin Missing Adventure: The Well-Mannered War*
- BBC New Series Adventure: Only Human
- BBC New Series Adventure: I am a Dalek
The listings with an asterisk (*) were later adapted as Big Finish plays. Speaking of which:
- The One Doctor (co-written with Clayton Hickman)
- Bang-Bang-A-Boom! (co-written with Clayton Hickman)
- The Shakespeare Code (2007)
- The Unicorn and the Wasp (2008)
- Planet of the Dead (2009) (co-written with RTD)
- The Lodger (2010)
- Closing Time (2011)
- The Caretaker (2014) (co-written with Morefoot)
He also likes a bit of Pip and Jane.
Gareth Loves /who/ Edit
One quiet day in April 2016, we started feeling bad about Gareth's erasure (and all the subsequent Nazi memes). Knowing that he'd replied to fan art at least once before, "Splink2" tweeted his official Paint Anon portrait and invited him to visit /who/.