Regeneration is what happens when you regenerate, you silly fucker.
Regeneration is a process that a Time Lord uses to completely renew their body following near-death such as by old age, violence, accident, or another Moffat script. A change of personality and a change of appearance comes with most regenerations.
Each Time Lord has only 12 regenerations in his cycle, like the hours of a clock - cute huh? Some Time Lords have been rewarded with a new regeneration cycle. They are ultra corrupt though and usually give that shit to people like The Mattress. Still, the Doctor managed to get a new cycle, but only because his people were desperate. It's also the way this shitty fucking show still exists, holy shit I hate Doctor Who. I say this as a fan.
Unless you live in the
low-budget era of Doctor Who (Classic Who), the regeneration effect is always an orangish-yellow and very very explodey. One wonders why regenerating Time Lords don't end up naked, right? I mean, the regenerating Eleventh Doctor fucking blew up a whole village and several Dalek ships with his regeneration, how the hell did he still have any clothes left on him afterwards?!
There are many things that regeneration cannot cure and you will die from:
- Brain being obliterated
Regeneration stories Edit
- First Doctor - The Tenth Planet
- Second Doctor - The War Games
- Third Doctor - Planet of the Spiders
- Fourth Doctor - Logopolis
- Fifth Doctor - The Caves of Androzani
- Sixth Doctor - Time and the Rani / The Brink of Death
- Seventh Doctor - TV Movie
- Eighth Doctor - The Night of the Doctor
- War Doctor - The Day of the Doctor
- Ninth Doctor - The Parting of the Ways
- Tenth Doctor - The End of Time (also burned up a regeneration in Journey's End, greedy bastard)
- Eleventh Doctor - The Time of the Doctor
- Twelfth Doctor - Twice Upon A Time
See Also Edit
- Sex Change Regeneration -
Actually, don't, because only fucking plebs like The Mattress do this.lol
- Missy - The results of sex change regeneration.
- The Drag Doctor - More sex change regeneration shenanigans.
- The General - Yet another victim of sex change regeneration. Truly the most devastating Time Lord disease since TimeGangreen.