In Doctor Who, most writers cannot see the forest for the trees, and thus season long arcs tend to be a bit shit. RTD was exceptional in that he couldn't see the trees for the forest. As if to further accentuate this point, most episodes that feature trees in Doctor Who are pretty shit. Here are some examples of trees ruining your day:
- The Vervoids. This should be self explanatory.
- Androzani Trees kidnap a family and attempt to run away from home in The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe.
robotcyborg hides in the sherwood forest in Robot of Sherwood.
- Trees attempt to blast Earth's atmosphere with a giant layer of oxygen in order to burn out a word-ending solar flare. Hey, don't blame the trees, they never took science class and don't understand how basic thermodynamics works. In the Forest of the Night was prety shit.
- Door was once a tree.
He she zeit got better.
- The Rani had bombs that turned people into trees. Dunno why. For the lulz, I guess.
- Some spaceship that had an Angel on it also had robot trees.
- The Doctor lost his willy while walking through a forest.