World War 2 was a conflict in earthly history during which those wacky Nazis rose up and caused a bit of mischief in Europe, while those wily Japanese likewise went boppin' around the Pacific, raising a ruckus. Thankfully, America and England took the cane out of the cupboard and gave ole Adolf and Tojo a sound thrashing, and nothing bad ever happened again, the end.
Preceded by World War 1.
Stories set during World War 2Edit
- The Curse of Fenric
- The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances
- Let's Heil Hitler (1938, close enough)
- Victory of the Daleks
- The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
- Every story in the Wilderness Years.
- The novels started off with a four-part mini-series where the Doctor has to save Hitler from an alien.
- The audios just gave the Doctor a Nazi companion, so they could set stories in other parts of history while still meeting their WW2 quota.
- The Faction Paradox spinoff series proved that it could go beyond the limits of Doctor Who by having a story where a zillion parallel universes' worth of the 20th century Roman Empire fight a super-WW2 against a zillion parallel universes' worth of Nazis.